All the green salads we had while growing up were dressed with my mother's vinaigrette. My dad thought it was the best there ever was. Make it in a jar with a lid, and store it in the refrigerator.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn. (c)2009, Lucinda Scala Quinn. Mikkel Vang, photographer. Used by permission of Artisan Books, artisanbooks.com.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot or garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon light-brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a clean jar, mash together the shallot, mustard, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour in the vinegar, lemon juice, and olive oil. Cover tightly and shake well to combine and emulsify. Add salt and pepper to taste. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.