This recipe for piri piri should be used in Marcus Samuelsson's
Shrimp Piri Piri recipe, which is a delicious appetizer.
The Martha Stewart Show, May Spring 2008
- 8 red bird's-eye chiles, seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Place chiles, lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, and garlic in the jar of a blender and puree until smooth. With the blender running, add oil in a slow, steady stream and blend until well combined. Store in an airtight container, refrigerated, up to 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.