Parmesan Herb Lamb Chops
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 rib lamb chops (1 1/2 pounds), chine bone removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a medium dish, combine parsley and mint, and set aside. In another medium dish, combine breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Sprinkle lamb chops with salt and pepper, and press mint and parsley onto the chops, covering both sides. Dip the chops into the beaten-egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture, coating them well.
- In a large nonstick skillet with a heat-resistant handle, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chops, and cook until well browned, about 2 minutes on each side. Carefully turn chops, and brown the edges, about 30 seconds. Transfer skillet to the oven, and finish cooking chops until medium rare, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.