Zap It! Scrambled Eggs and Cheese
Scrambling eggs in the microwave means no skillet to clean, and in this single serving, the same dish is used for cooking and eating.
Everyday Food, July/August 2005
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 1
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 grape or cherry tomato, quartered lengthwise
- In a large (10-ounce) microwave-safe custard cup or ramekin, combine eggs, milk, cayenne pepper, and salt. Stir in scallion.
- Microwave (uncovered) on high for 45 seconds; stir with a fork. Continue cooking until eggs are almost set, about 45 seconds more. Remove from microwave.
- With a clean fork, stir in shredded cheddar cheese; cover with a paper (or clean kitchen) towel. Let stand until cheese has melted and eggs are set, about 1 minute. Top with grape or cherry tomato, and serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.