Orange Sauce on Ricotta
To segment an orange, use a sharp knife to slice off the top and bottom of the orange so it sits level on a work surface. Following its curve, cut away peel and white pith. Holding over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment (close to membrane) to release. Squeeze membranes to collect additional juice.
Everyday Food, March 2007
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 navel oranges, segmented, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- Shortbread cookies, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix orange juice and marmalade to combine. Add orange segments; mix gently to coat. (To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.)
- To serve, divide ricotta among four glasses; top with sauce. Serve with shortbread cookies, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.