Grilled Lemon Chicken with Garlic Bread
This light dinner is just the thing for an end-of-the summer evening. In minutes, thin cutlets get lemony taste from a quick marinade and smokiness from the hot grill. To complete the meal, serve with our Corn and Radish Salad.
Everyday Food, September 2008
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grates
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges, for serving
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets (about 8)
- 4 thick slices country bread
- Heat grill to high; lightly oil grates. Mince 1 garlic clove, and place in a shallow dish. Add lemon juice and 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt and pepper. Add chicken, and toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature at least 5 minutes (and up to 30).
- Brush bread on both sides with remaining 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill bread until beginning to char, about 1 minute per side. Cut remaining garlic clove in half, and rub cut sides over grilled bread; set bread aside (discard garlic clove).
- Grill chicken until opaque throughout, 1 to 3 minutes per side. Serve with garlic bread and lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.