Sauteed Spinach with Raisins and Pine Nuts
Martha Stewart Living, November 2000
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Place golden raisins in a small bowl, and cover with warm water; set aside. Remove any tough stems from spinach, and wash thoroughly. Set aside.
- Place a wide, 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat, and add olive oil. Add garlic, and saute for 1 minute. Add pine nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Drain the reserved raisins, and add them to pan. Add spinach, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, just until spinach has wilted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.