This arrangement of mini-cupcake blooms makes a delightful, edible centerpiece. The lush petals are formed using a single leaf tip.
Martha Stewart Baby, Spring 2001
Yield Makes 3 dozen miniature cupcakes
- Vanilla Buttercream (http://www.marthastewart.com/263632/vanilla-buttercream)
- Orange, pink, and yellow food coloring
- Miniature Vanilla Cupcakes (http://www.marthastewart.com/261986/vanilla-cupcakes), made in miniature cupcake tins
- Divide buttercream into three bowls; tint orange, pink, and yellow. Decorate each cupcake with "petals."
- Fill a 6-inch terra-cotta flowerpot halfway with dried beans so it won't become too top-heavy when cupcakes are added. Glue a 6-inch Styrofoam ball to the inside rim of the pot with a hot-glue gun. Insert a ring of toothpicks at 1 1/2-inch intervals around the ball, 1/2 inch above the rim. Insert them deep enough that they won't poke through the tops of the cupcakes. Skewer cupcakes on toothpicks, alternating colors. Continue adding smaller rings of
toothpicks and cupcakes until the ball is covered. Refrigerate until needed.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.