Broiled Green Figs with Pancetta
Hungry barhoppers are treated right in Venice, where drinks can be chased with freshly made snacks known as cicchetti. Try broiled green figs sprinkled with fennel seeds and wrapped in pancetta.
Martha Stewart Living, July 2009
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
- 6 green figs, halved lengthwise
- 6 thin slices pancetta, halved
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle fennel seeds onto cut sides of each fig. Wrap figs with pancetta, overlapping ends.
- Place figs, cut sides down, on a baking sheet. Broil until sizzling and pancetta is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Flip, and broil 2 minutes more. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.