Grilled Sirloin Steak with Herbs
The delicious recipe is courtesy of Alice Waters and can be found in her cookbook, "The Art of Simple Food."
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 3 tablespoons mixed chopped herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, oregano, or marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 grass-fed top sirloin steak (20 ounces and 1 1/2 inches thick), trimmed leaving 1/4 inch of fat
- In a small bowl, mix together herbs, salt, and pepper. Rub herb mixture onto steak and place in a shallow dish. Drizzle steak with olive oil and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat, clean, and oil a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place steak on grill pan and cook 3 minutes. Rotate steak 110 degrees to make crosshatching grill marks, if desired, and continue cooking an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Turn and continue cooking 2 to 5 minutes more for a rare steak and 4 to 7 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.