Parmesan Cheese Souffle
One of Martha's favorite designers, Ralph Rucci, shares his favorite recipe for parmesan cheese souffle.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2006/2007
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 large egg yolks
- 7 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 2-quart souffle dish. Add 1 cup cheese, tilting dish to cover bottom and sides with cheese. Shake out any excess. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place sour cream in a large mixing bowl. Sift flour into sour cream. Whisk sour cream and flour until well combined. Add egg yolks, one at a time, whisking after each addition. Stir in salt, cayenne, chives, and remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Place egg whites in a very clean, large bowl, preferably copper. Whisk vigorously until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into sour cream mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared souffle dish and bake until souffle has risen 2 to 3 inches above the rim and top is golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.