Spicy Lemon Quinoa
This recipe for spicy lemon quinoa is an ideal accompaniment to steamed halibut.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2007
- 2 cups quinoa
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place quinoa in a fine mesh sieve. Rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Transfer to a medium saucepan, add 1 teaspoon salt and 2 1/4 cups water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until water is completely absorbed, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa to a medium bowl along with pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, cumin, cayenne; drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; toss until well combined. Serve warm or at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.