There are many varieties of grapes to choose from. Create a pattern with the colors. We made alternating circles of seedless red and green.
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
- Serves 8
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Pastry Cream (http://www.marthastewart.com/257244/pastry-cream)
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups seedless red and green grapes
- Confectionersâ€™ sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse flour, sugar, and salt. Add butter; pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add 2 tablespoons ice water; process until mixture just comes together when squeezed (add more water if necessary). Add oats; pulse to combine.
- Press dough onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Remove sides of pan; cool crust.
- Whisk cooled pastry cream until smooth. Spread evenly in crust; arrange grapes on top; press in.
- Chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.