Barbecued Chicken Tenders
Barbecue sauces range from mild and sweet to fiery hot. For this recipe, a mild variety works best.
Try these with savory Corn Fritters.
Everyday Food, July/August 2006
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- Vegetable oil, for the grates
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup store-bought barbecue sauce
- Heat grill to medium-high; lightly oil grates. Place chicken in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over chicken, and toss to coat. Divide remaining barbecue sauce between two bowls (1/4 cup each); use one for basting and the other for serving.
- Grill chicken, turning and basting occasionally with reserved basting sauce, 8 to 10 minutes total. Remove chicken from grill; serve with reserved serving sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.