Tofu Chocolate Mousse
Silken tofu is usually sold in vacuum-packed, shelf-stable containers in the Asian-food section of grocery stores. Unopened, silken tofu will keep at room temperature for up to eight months.
Everyday Food, April 2004
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 container (12 ounces) room-temperature silken tofu
- 1/2 cup warmed milk
- 1 ounce finely chopped chocolate, or another 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Microwave chocolate chips in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until melted.
- In a food processor, puree melted chocolate with silken tofu (soft or firm) and warmed milk until smooth. Force mixture through a sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a spoon.
- Scoop mixture into four serving dishes, and refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes. Garnish desserts with finely chopped chocolate or chocolate chips, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.