Sweet and Sour Green Beans
This recipe was submitted by Suzanne Jenuleson of Medina, Ohio.
Photography: Anna Williams
Everyday Food, December 2007
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side. With tongs, transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate (reserve skillet with pan drippings).
- Add onion to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to brown,3 to 5 minutes. Add green beans and 1/4 cup water; cook, tossing occasionally, until beans are bright green and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Crumble bacon into skillet; add vinegar and sugar. Cook until a syrupy sauce forms, 2 minutes, tossing to coat. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.