Cheddar Cheese Ball
Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- 1 1/4 pounds extra-sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 1/4 teaspoons coarse salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- Process all ingredients except poppy seeds in a food processor until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl lined with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a plate. Press poppy seeds evenly over surface, rounding top.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.