Chocolate Butterscotch-Chip Cookies
Martha Stewart Living
- Yield Makes about 4 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add the flour mixture all at once, and beat until just combined. Stir in chips.
- Drop tablespoons of batter onto prepared baking sheets, two inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool on baking sheet, one minute, then transfer cookies to rack to cool slightly. Repeat until all batter has been used.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.