- 1 pound crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice or tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet pickles
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ripe avocados, halved and skins removed
- Curry Dressing (http://www.marthastewart.com/257002/curry-dressing)
- Capers, for garnish
- Place crabmeat in a medium bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice to moisten. Transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Drain off any accumulated juice, pressing crabmeat slightly. Gently stir in mayonnaise, pimiento, scallion, and pickles. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly divide crabmeat mixture between avocado halves. Top each with a dollop of dressing, and garnish with capers.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.