Morrocan Haroseth Marinade
Use this marinade to make Craigie on Main chef Tony Maw's Moroccan Haroseth-Braised Lamb Shanks.
The Martha Stewart Show, March 2010
Yield Makes enough for 4 lamb shanks
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- Peel from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, sliced crosswise and crushed
- In a small skillet, lightly toast cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chile flakes, and coriander seeds over low heat until fragrant. Transfer to large shallow baking dish and add olive oil, wine, orange peel, salt, thyme, parsley, cilantro, garlic, and ginger; stir to combine.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.