- 1 head broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), broken into florets, stalks reserved for another use
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 strips lemon zest, removed with a vegetable peeler and thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with 1 inch water. Bring to a gentle boil. Add broccoli. Cover, and cook until crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add garlic and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Cook until garlic is golden, 1 to 3 minutes. Immediately remove from heat, and drizzle over broccoli.
When steaming a lot of veggies, do them in batches, making sure the water level doesn't get too low. Watch out for the hot steam when you remove the basket.