Pistachio Brittle with Ice Cream
Martha Stewart Living, January 2010
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- Vegetable oil cooking spray, for baking sheet
- 1/2 cup shelled raw unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Mango or vanilla ice cream
- Coat a 13-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Sift pistachios using a fine sieve to remove dust and fine pieces. Heat sugar and water in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon and washing sides of pan often with a wet pastry brush to prevent crystals from forming, until dark golden, about 9 minutes.
- Stir in pistachios, and immediately pour mixture onto baking sheet. Distribute pistachios evenly using a rubber spatula. Let stand until hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Lightly bang baking sheet on a counter to break brittle into pieces. Serve with ice cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.