Martha Stewart Living, May 2007
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
For the Salad
- 12 ounces romaine hearts, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives (about 2 1/2 ounces), drained
- 1/2 cup peperoncini, drained
- 1/3 cup caper berries, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, halved lengthwise and crosswise, then thinly sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Make the dressing: Whisk together vinegar, salt, and oregano, and season with pepper. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Assemble the salad: Arrange lettuce on a platter. Scatter olives, peperoncini, caper berries, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and feta over top. Drizzle with dressing.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.