Baby Spinach with Warm Olive Oil and Walnuts
Toasting the walnuts deepens their flavor. The olive oil they're cooked in is used to dress the salad.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 ounces walnuts (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach, washed well (about 6 cups packed)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine walnuts and oil in a small saucepan over medium-
low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until walnuts are
toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Toss spinach with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Top with walnuts, and drizzle with warm olive oil.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.