Baby Spinach with Warm Olive Oil and Walnuts
Toasting the walnuts deepens their flavor. The olive oil they're cooked in is used to dress the salad.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 ounces walnuts (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach, washed well (about 6 cups packed)
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Combine walnuts and oil in a small saucepan over medium-
low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until walnuts are
toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Toss spinach with vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
Top with walnuts, and drizzle with warm olive oil.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.