Pate Brisee for Traditional Pumpkin Pie
Use this dough to make Traditional Pumpkin Pie with a Fluted Crust
Martha Stewart Living, November 2008
Yield Makes enough for one 9-inch deep-dish piecrust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water, plus more if needed
- Pulse flour and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds. With machine running, add ice water in a slow, steady stream until mixture just begins to hold together.
- Shape dough into 2 disks. Wrap each in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 3 days (or freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator before using).
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.