Curried Rice Salad With Grapes
When buying grapes, look for ones that are plump and firmly attached to the stems, and have smooth unbroken skins.
Everyday Food Fresh Flavor Fast, 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves 6
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup halved red seedless grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted cashews
- Rinse rice in a sieve until water runs clear. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add curry powder; cook 30 seconds. Stir in rice, 2 1/2 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover; simmer gently until rice is tender and has absorbed liquid, about 1 hour. Remove from heat; steam, covered, 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork; transfer to a shallow bowl. Stir in lime juice and remaining tablespoon olive oil; season with more salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.
- Stir in grapes, mint, and cashews.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.