- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch radishes, very thinly sliced
- 2 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- Place bread under the broiler, and toast until golden on both sides.
- Prepare avocado. Using an 8-inch chef's knife, cut to the pit, slicing avocado all the way around the middle. Twist top half off. With a short, sharp-but-careful chopping motion, embed knife in pit; twist slightly, and remove pit from flesh. Scoop flesh from skin with a large serving spoon, or peel both halves.
- Place avocado meat in a small bowl, and add salt and pepper. Using the back of a fork, mash avocado into a chunky puree.
- Spread the puree over 8 pieces of toast. Top with radishes and sprouts. Crumble goat cheese over sprouts.
- Stack sandwiches together so that each sandwich has two layers of avocado, radish, sprouts, and goat cheese and three slices of toast. Cut in half, and serve immediately.
Even meat lovers will enjoy the textures and tang of this vegetarian club. Layers of mashed avocado, crunchy radish slices, sprouts, and crumbled goat cheese are perfect for a springtime lunch break.