Caramelized Pineapple And Mango
Martha Stewart Living, October 2005
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 medium pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 large mango, about 1 pound, peeled, pitted, and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- Pinch of salt
- Heat sugar in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until melted and golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Add pineapple and mango; toss to combine. Add cream, lemon juice, vanilla bean and seeds, and salt; reduce heat to medium. Boil, stirring occasionally, until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove vanilla bean; discard. Let cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.