Chocolate Maple Sauce on Maple-Walnut Ice Cream
Dress up ice cream with this over-the-top accessory.
Everyday Food, March 2007
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 pint maple-walnut ice cream
- In a medium saucepan, bring syrup to a boil. Remove from heat; add chocolate, butter, and salt. Whisk until smooth. (To store sauce, cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks; warm in the microwave or on the stove over low heat.)
- To serve, divide ice cream among four serving bowls; top with sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.