Lime-Marinated Skirt Steak
Fresh limes will last about 10 days in the refrigerator.
Everyday Food, January/February 2006
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed for less heat, if desired), chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut to fit skillet
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish (optional)
- In blender, combine lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and jalapeno; puree until smooth. Transfer to a shallow dish or large resealable plastic bag. Toss with steak to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes, and no more than 2 hours, to infuse with flavor.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high, until very hot. Cook steak, in two batches if necessary, until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.