Grilled Turkey Parmesan Sandwich
Not your ordinary leftover-turkey sandwich, this grilled creation, with cheese and marinara sauce, is filled with irresistible flavor. Use fresh turkey sliced at the deli counter instead of prepackaged cold cuts, which contain more sodium and preservatives.
Martha Stewart Kids, Holiday
- 8 slices cheese, such as provolone or mozzarella
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
- Unsalted butter, room temperature, for grilling
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet or a griddle over medium heat. Working on a clean surface, place a slice of cheese on top of each of 4 bread slices. Spread 1 to 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce over the cheese; sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Layer each with turkey and a final slice of cheese. Top each sandwich with another bread slice, and lightly butter outsides.
- Working in batches, grill sandwiches until bread is golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, turn sandwiches, and grill until other side is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more. Slice in half, and serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.