Turkey and White-Bean Chili
Get all the flavor of a slow-simmered chili in less than half the time (with less fat, too!).
Everyday Food, September 2003
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced (seeded for milder taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cans (19 ounces each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Sour cream, cilantro, and radishes for garnish
- In a large, deep, skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey; season with salt and pepper. Cook, breaking up turkey with spoon, until browned, 9 minutes.
- Add onion and jalapenos; cook until soft, 3 minutes. Stir in cumin and tomato paste; cook 2 minutes.
- Add cannellini beans, chicken broth, and water; bring to boil. Reduce heat; simmer until thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, cilantro, and radishes, if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.