Popcorn Balls with Golden Raisins
Hang these popcorn balls on your Christmas tree this year for homemade ornaments. For the how-to, see Popcorn Christmas Decorations.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2007
- 12 cups popped unsalted popcorn (from 1/2 cup kernels)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Combine popcorn and golden raisins in a large bowl.
- Bring sugar, water, corn syrup, salt, and vinegar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Clip a candy thermometer to side of pan, and continue to cook, without stirring, until mixture reaches 290 degrees, about 14 minutes.
- Pour hot syrup over popcorn mixture, and stir until well coated. Working quickly, shape mixture into 2 1/2-inch balls, and transfer to parchment to cool.
Popcorn balls can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.