Classic Egg Salad
Other mix-ins include sliced black olives, chopped fresh parsley, chopped fresh chives, walnut pieces, chopped dill pickles, and capers.
Everyday Food, March/April 2003
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 5 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Few dashes hot-pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Lettuce or watercress
- Bread or toast
- In a medium bowl, coarsely chop 8 peeled hard-cooked eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons chopped celery, 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, and a few dashes of hot-pepper sauce (or more, if you like a spicier salad). Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir gently to combine. Serve with greens -- such as lettuce or watercress -- on bread or toast.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.