Movie Crunch Popcorn
Store in an airtight container for up to two days.
Martha Stewart Kids, Winter/Spring
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 quarts plain popped popcorn
- Make caramel: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup, stirring until melted and combined. Cover; cook 2 minutes to let steam wash down sides of pan. Remove lid; cook until mixture reaches 280 degrees on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Slowly pour half the caramel over popcorn, stirring to break up clumps. Drizzle in remaining caramel; stir until cooled and no longer sticky. Serve at room temperature.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.