Chicken Breasts With Pepper-Potato Ragout
Everyday Food, November 2005
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts (9 to 10 ounces each)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 medium red onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, (optional)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup whole fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large deep skillet over mediumlow heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in skillet, turning to brown all sides, 18 to 20 minutes.Transfer to a plate.
- Add onions, peppers, potatoes, rosemary (if using), and 1/2 cup water to skillet; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, scraping any browned bits off bottom of skillet. Cover skillet, and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes begin to soften, 8 to 10 minutes (they will cook further in step 3).
- Return chicken to skillet; add tomatoes. Cover skillet, and cook until chicken is opaque throughout and potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir parsley into vegetables in skillet; serve with chicken.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.