Martha Stewart Living, July
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 whole star anise
- 6 cups ruby-red grapefruit juice, chilled
- 1/3 cup Campari
- 2 cups champagne or sparkling wine, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine 1 cup water with the sugar and star anise; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove pan from heat; let cool completely.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a measuring cup (to yield 1 cup); discard star anise. Cover syrup with plastic wrap, and chill.
- In a large pitcher, combine grapefruit juice, Campari, and chilled syrup. Divide among eight glasses; top with Champagne. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.