Tomato Basil Compote
Heat plumps the tiny tomatoes, creating a luscious compote to top grilled foods or serve as a side dish.
Martha Stewart Living, August 1994
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pints yellow, red, and orange pear and cherry tomatoes, in any combination
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 large basil leaves
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until soft and golden, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, season well with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes are just warm and ready to burst, 3 to 5 minutes. Add basil and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Spoon compote over pork skewers.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.