Lemon Tuna Avocado Snack
Halved avocados make a quick and nutritious snack or light meal. Their mild flavor is complemented here by tuna and lemon juice.
Martha Stewart Baby, Special Issue 2000
- 1 ripe avocado
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 six-ounce solid albacore tuna, in spring water
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Halve avocado lengthwise, and remove the pit. Scoop out 2 tablespoons avocado flesh from each half, and leave the shells with the remaining flesh intact.
- Mash the 4 tablespoons avocado with lemon juice and olive oil until smooth. Toss with tuna, sunflower seeds, half the lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste. Fill halves with tuna mixture, and garnish with remaining lemon zest and basil, if desired. Serve immediately with a spoon.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.