Yellow Squash with Hazelnuts and Pecorino
Tender yellow squash is sauteed with hazelnuts and then topped with marjoram and shaved Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve as a side dish with chicken or fish or stir it into short pasta, such as penne.
Everyday Food, September 2010
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut into 3-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup raw blanched hazelnuts or natural almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram or oregano leaves
- 1/2 ounce shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, heat extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high. Add squash and hazelnuts and
cook, stirring frequently, until squash is tender but not soft and hazelnuts are toasted, about 7 minutes. Add lemon juice and marjoram and toss to combine. Transfer to a platter and top with cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.