Black and White Pepper Shrimp
Made with Sustainable Sourcing Peppercorns, one of Martha's Finds, these spicy grilled shrimp will quickly become a family favorite.
The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, preferably head-on
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons white peppercorns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Maldon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- Vietnamese Dipping Sauce Recipe (http://www.marthastewart.com/263178/vietnamese-dipping-sauce-recipe)
- 8 sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place six to eight 10-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 10 minutes to soak. This will prevent them from burning on the grill.
- Starting with the tail end of each shrimp, gently push a skewer under the shell along the back of the shrimp until it just comes to the head. Set shrimp on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Preheat a grill pan or grill to medium-high.
- Using a mortar and pestle or a spice grinder, coarsely grind both peppercorns. In a small bowl, mix together ground peppercorns and salt. Drizzle shrimp with safflower oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper mixture.
- Place shrimp on grill and cook until prawns become light pink and slightly charred, about 2 minutes. Turn and continue to cook until shrimp are cooked through, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes more. Serve with dipping sauce, garnished with cilantro.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.