Shrimp Boil Spice Bundle
Use this flavorful spice combination when you boil your favorite shellfish.
Everyday Food, September 2004
- 1 tablespoon crumbled dried bay leaves
- 6 whole allspice
- 3 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seeds
- 1 tablespoon red-pepper flakes
- Lay a 10-inch (double-layer) square of cheesecloth on a clean work surface. Spoon spices into the center.
- Pressing firmly, roll a rolling pin over spice mixture until most of the seeds are cracked. Gather edges of cheesecloth together in the center, twist tightly, and tie securely with kitchen string. Trim ends with scissors, if necessary.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.