Indian Spiced Lamb Wraps
Spice up your dinner with this delicious lamb wrap recipe.
The Martha Stewart Show, October Fall 2008
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 pieces naan
- Julienned cucumber, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Quick Pickled Carrots (http://www.marthastewart.com/256548/quick-pickled-carrots)
- Yogurt Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/255163/yogurt-sauce)
- Place lamb, cumin, tumeric, cayenne pepper, chopped cilantro, mint, garlic, yogurt, salt, pepper, and water in a large bowl; using your hands, gently mix together. Shape lamb mixture into 12 small, flat, 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook patties, turning once, until almost cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer patties to a wire rack set over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; keep warm.
- Using tongs, hold naan over a gas flame until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side, or wrap stacked naan in damp paper towels, and microwave on high until warm and soft, about 1 minute. To assemble, fill each piece of naan with 3 lamb patties, cucumber, lettuce, cilantro leaves, pickled carrots, and yogurt sauce and fold; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.