These traditional Passover cookies couldn't be easier to make -- just stir and bake -- and they require only a handful of ingredients. The coconut treats are crisp and nutty, with a chewy center.
Martha Stewart Living, April 2009
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Yield Makes 8
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment. Whisk together sugar and egg white in a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Form dough into eight 2-tablespoon mounds, and drop each onto sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake macaroons until golden-brown on bottoms and edges, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.