Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies
For each cookie, use a 1/4-cup measuring cup to scoop out and level dough before dropping
onto baking sheet.
Everyday Food, September 2006
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Yield Makes 16
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition until combined; mix in vanilla.
- With mixer on low speed, add flour mixture; mix until just incorporated. With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop 1/4-cup mounds of dough onto ungreased baking sheets, at least 4 inches apart and away from edges of pan. (You will fit about 4 cookies to a sheet; bake in two batches, using two baking sheets per batch.) Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets front to back and from top to bottom of oven halfway through.
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.