This is an adult riff on the standard bowl of popcorn.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2007
- Yield Makes 12 cups
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated brown sugar (or light-brown sugar, sifted)
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- Combine sugar, salt, garam masala, and cayenne in a large serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add popcorn, and cover. Cook, shaking pot frequently, until corn has finished popping. Add to bowl, and toss.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.