Pork Milanese with Arugula Salad
Lightly dressed bitter greens are the perfect accompaniment to sumptuous pan-fried pork. This dish is also a good choice for a quick weeknight dinner.
Everyday Food, May 2010
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pounds pork cutlets ( 1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more if needed
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 head radicchio or endive or a combination, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil and season with salt and pepper; set dressing aside. Place flour in a small bowl. Season pork with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. When oil is hot, add cutlets, working in batches and adding more oil if necessary (do not overcrowd pan). Cook until cutlets are golden on bottom, 3 minutes. Flip and cook until cooked through, 3 minutes. Transfer cutlets to a large platter.
- In a large bowl, toss arugula, radicchio, and onion with dressing, then top cutlets with salad.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.