Spiced (and Spiked) Concord Grape Punch
A bone-chilling celebration calls for cocktails of an equally eerie sort, like this spiced (and spiked) Concord Grape Punch.
Martha Stewart Living, Special Issue 2009
- Yield Serves 20 with vodka (14 without)
- 1 gallon Concord grape juice
- 8 cardamom pods
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 1/3 cups Danny Meyer's Simple Syrup (http://www.marthastewart.com/284133/simple-syrup)
- 7 cups vodka (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Concord grapes, for garnish
- Combine grape juice and spices in a large pot. Bring just to a simmer, then remove from heat and let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve (discard solids), and chill. To serve, combine with simple syrup and vodka, if using. Serve over ice in a tall glass, and garnish with grapes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.