Blend lemonade with beer for a mellow-yellow refresher.
Everyday Food, June 2007
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 4 lemons), plus wedges, for serving (optional)
- 8 mild pilsner beers (12 ounces each)
- Place eight 16-ounce glasses or mugs in the freezer.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and 3/4 cup water over medium heat. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Refrigerate until cool, at least 10 minutes and up to 1 week.
- In a 2-cup liquid measure or small pitcher, combine sugar mixture and lemon juice. Pour 1 beer into each chilled glass; add about 1/4 cup lemon mixture and, if desired, a lemon wedge. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.