Grilled Chicken Breasts with Barbecue Sauce
For this all-American classic, use a great homemade
sauce and pick your method: Slow-cook a whole bird for the juiciest results or grill smaller pieces for a fast meal.
Everyday Food, July/August 2009
- 4 chicken breast halves
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/3 cup <u>Classic Barbecue Sauce</u>
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Clean and lightly oil hot grates. Place chicken on grill (if using skin-on chicken, place skin side down on grill).
- Grill chicken, without turning, 6 to 10 minutes for boneless chicken and 10 to 14 minutes for bone-in. Flip and grill until cooked through, or a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of meat (avoiding bone) registers 160 degrees, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- About 1 minute before chicken is done, brush with barbecue sauce.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.